Terms and Conditions of use
Whenever you browse through and make public consultations at this website (http://ri.cesp.com.br/), you are subject to the Terms and Conditions below. Please read these Terms carefully and understand them fully before using and registering your data on the website.
Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is a necessary and indispensable requirement for using the website.
Warranties, Liabilities, and Damages
1. CESP does not assure the availability of the website, in whole or in part, and it shall not be responsible for any losses related to any unavailability thereof.
2. CESP does not assure that the content, instruments and materials contained, used and offered on this website will be precisely updated or complete, and is not responsible for damage caused by any errors related to content or equipment failures.
3. CESP is not responsible, whether expressly or tacitly, for the improper use of the information and materials provided through the website, for whatever purposes, on the part of any user. Said user shall be individually responsible for any hindrances to their own rights or those of third parties, whether or not they are caused by said improper use.
4. Users hereby waive any claims or allegations of any nature against the website, CESP or its respective officers, employees or agents arising out of or in any way related to the use of this website, as well as in relation to the contents and services usually accessible through the website, including, but not limited to, any claims or complaints related to alleged violations of property rights or content errors.
5. Under no circumstances will CESP, its officers or employees be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising from the connection with or use of this website on their part or resulting from any inability to use it by any party, or related to any performance failure, error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure, even if CESP or its representatives are notified of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses.
6. The responsibility for the adequate provision of all Internet resources, without exception, belongs solely to the website user.
7. CESP is not responsible for the content of other websites (a) whose addresses are available on the pages of this website, or (b) in which the address of this website is available. CESP does not assure the reimbursement of any damages caused by the websites referred to in this item.
9. Before making an investment decision, potential investors should carefully consider all the information available on this website and, in particular, assess the Risk Factors in light of their own financial situations and investment goals.
10. CESP reserves the right to modify or create amendments to these terms at any time.
11. These Terms and Conditions of Use will be governed by the laws of the Federative Republic of Brazil. The user agrees to submit to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of courts located in Brazil.
12. The circuit court of the District of São Paulo, State of São Paulo, is elected as the competent body to resolve any doubts or disputes arising from or related to these Terms and the use of the website, regardless of any other, however privileged it may be.
User Information Confidentiality
Copyright and Intellectual Property
Unless otherwise specified, the entire content of the pages of this website, such as information, texts, images, photographs, illustrations, page organization and design, graphic materials and drawings, among other materials provided on the website and even other arrangements relating to such elements, brands, domain names, whether registered or not, are the property of CESP or of the third parties who lawfully assigned their right of use to CESP.
This website was prepared in accordance with Brazilian laws, including, but not limited to Law No. 12,965/14 (“Marco Civil da Internet” or “MCI”, the Brazilian Civil Rights Framework for the Internet), the decree regulating the MCI (Decree No. 8,771/2016), and Federal Law No. 13,709/2018 (“General Data Protection Law” or “GDPL”), also based on the principle of good faith, copyright and applicable internet advertising market guidelines.
Comments on EBITDA
EBITDA is defined by CESP as net profit (loss) plus net financial income, pension fund income, depreciation and amortization, non-operating income, goodwill amortization and taxes on income and social contributions. EBITDA is used as a performance measure by the Company’s management and is not a measure adopted by Brazilian or American accounting practices; it does not represent cash flow for the periods presented and should not be considered as a substitute for net income as an indicator of CESP’s operational performance or as a substitute for cash flow, nor as an indicator of liquidity.
CESP’s management believes that the EBITDA is a practical way of measuring its operating performance and that it allows for a comparison with other companies in the same segment. However, it should be noted that EBITDA is not a measurement established in accordance with Brazilian Accounting Principles (Brazilian Corporate Law or BR GAAP) or North American Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and can be defined and calculated differently by other companies.
Warning: By using or accessing this website and any of its pages, the user agrees to the Terms and Conditions set forth herein. Therefore, please cease browsing or making public consultations of the pages of this website if you do not agree with all of the above Terms and Conditions.