The investor relations section of the CESP website contains forward-looking statements which are subject to risks and uncertainties since they are based on the beliefs and assumptions of Management and on available information. Forward-looking statements include claims concerning the intentions, beliefs or expectations of the Company or its Management regarding a series of issues, including:
- national economy, business and political conditions;
- scarcity of water resources and interruptions in the transmission system, operational and technical problems and physical damages to facilities;
- changes in electric energy rates;
- current and future governmental regulations applicable to the energy sector, including any unilateral act of the Granting Authority;
- changes in the regulation or enforcement of environmental laws;
- interruption or disruption of CESP services;
- inflation, appreciation or devaluation of the Real;
- early cessation of or intervention in the Company´s concessions by the Granting Authority;
- the ability of the company to implement an investment maintenance plan, including the ability to obtain financing under reasonable conditions when necessary;
- changes in consumer demand for electricity;
- the ability of CESP to refinance its short-term debt;
- changes in tax law, including sector-related taxes;
- changes in strategies and plans made by the controlling shareholder or Company Management;
- increased competition in the energy sector;
- other factors and trends that impact the financial condition of the Company and the risk factors set forth in the Risk Factors section;
- other statements found on this website related to non-historic facts.
Investors should be aware that the above-mentioned factors, in addition to others discussed on this investor relations website, could affect future results of the Company and could lead to results different from those expressed in forward-looking statements that CESP makes on this website and in other documents contained herein.
Forward-looking statements also include information about possible or presumed future results of Company operations. These kinds of information are presented in various sections of this website, as well as in statements that include the words “believes,” “may,” “continue/s,” “expects,” “foresees,” “plans,” “estimates,” “anticipates,” or other similar expressions.
orward-looking statements do not represent guarantees of performance. They involve risk, uncertainties and assumptions because they refer to future events and, therefore, depend on circumstances that may or may not occur. The future status of the financial conditions, operating results, strategies, market share and market value of CESP could be significantly different from those expressed in forward-looking statements. Many of the factors that will determine these results are beyond the Company´s control.
Investors are warned not to consider forward-looking statements with undue confidence.